Sharvari reveals she auditioned for Alpha before starting Munjya: “I later discovered that this audition process was for Alpha”

0

In July, Yash Raj Films announced their upcoming spy universe project, Alpha, directed by Shiv Rawail. The film stars Alia Bhatt and Sharvari as super-agents, alongside Bobby Deol and Anil Kapoor. Notably, Alpha is the first YRF spy film to be led by two women, making it one of the few female-driven action thrillers in Hindi cinema. The project has generated significant buzz, marking Sharvari’s first collaboration with Alia and her most expensive film to date.

In an exclusive interview with News18 Showsha, Sharvari revealed how she landed the film and how she had no idea she was auditioning for Alpha until much later. “I remember I had just finished Maharaj, and I was doing a couple of other projects. I met Aditya Chopra sir, and he wanted to audition me in the action space. So, I did an extensive action audition. I went to an action class and did two months of training. I didn’t know what the film was called. All I knew is that it was a part of an audition that I had to train for,” she said.

She shed insights on her tough training sessions. She said, “At that time, from Monday to Saturday, I used to train for two to three hours every day. I was also trying to find out what kind of gymnastics movements, boxing and strength training I can do. It was basically an overview of action training. I recorded an audition kind of a tape at the end of each month and showed it to Adi sir. I kept talking to trainers so as to try and do something different and new in the tape.”

Sharvari, in fact, claims that she began auditioning for Alpha before starting Munjya’s first schedule. She said, “After that, I began working on Munjya and had to start preparing for an entirely different project. These auditions took place before I began shooting for Munjya. Following that, the conversation went down a little, and I later discovered that this audition process was for Alpha.”

The actor, who is slated to join the third schedule of Alpha later this month, believes the film will ‘shatter glass ceilings.’ Talking about it she said, “I think it’s an incredible time to be an actor where you get to be a part of something like Alpha. It’s headlined by women and they’re doing action and that makes it a one-of-a-kind film. I’m super excited and truly grateful to be a part of it, firstly because the film stands for what it does and secondly, the fact that I get to work with Alia. That’s a big dream come true. And so far, the shoot’s going great. It’s a lot of fun!”

Also Read : Sharvari expresses gratitude as Munjya scores hattrick: “I gave it my everything”

The post Sharvari reveals she auditioned for Alpha before starting Munjya: “I later discovered that this audition process was for Alpha” appeared first on Bollywood Hungama.



from Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/LSZ49dh

Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)