Selena Gomez addresses trolls on her water weight gain: I’m “not a model, never will be”

0

Singer-actor Selena Gomez called out the body-shamers who made comments on her appearance and revealed that she tends to gain “water weight” as a result of her lupus medication. “I tend to hold a lot of water weight and that happens very normally. And then when I’m off of [my medication], I tend to lose weight,” Gomez explained during a TikTok Live on Thursday. “I just wanted to say and encourage anyone out there who feels any sort of shame for exactly what they’re going for and nobody knows the real story.”

“I just want people to know that you’re beautiful and you’re wonderful and yeah, maybe we have days where we feel like s—t but I would much rather be healthy and take care of myself. My medications are important, and I believe that they’re what helps me,” she added.

The Only Murders in the Building star noted that “[I’m] not a model, never will be. I think they’re awesome, mind you, but I definitely, definitely am not that.” She concluded the video addressing her fans as well as non-supporters saying, “I love you guys and thanks for supporting me and understanding. And if not, go away, because honestly I don’t believe in shaming people for their body or anything.”

According to Page Six, in 2014, Gomez received a diagnosis of lupus, which is a persistent autoimmune condition that can result in inflammation, exhaustion, and joint discomfort. In her Apple TV+ documentary, My Mind & Me, she openly discussed the painful effects of the disease.

Also Read: Mom-to-be Kajal Aggarwal hits back at body shamers with a thoughtful note; Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Raashii Khanna cheer for the actress

The post Selena Gomez addresses trolls on her water weight gain: I’m “not a model, never will be” appeared first on Bollywood Hungama.



from Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/xlX1fYc

Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)