Dunki in Dubai: Shah Rukh Khan made Dunki for himself; recalls reactions to Pathaan and Jawan: “Many people who write about films… were saying what kind of roles I was doing”

0

As Shah Rukh Khan’s much-awaited Dunki gears up for the theatrical release this week, the anticipation is at an all-time high. With Pathaan and then Jawan, the actor gave two Rs. 1000 crore films. Now, all eyes are on Dunki. Kick-starting the promotional journey in Dubai, Shah Rukh Khan visited VOX Cinemas in Dubai on Sunday and talked about the film.

Dunki in Dubai: Shah Rukh Khan made Dunki for himself; recalls reactions to Pathaan and Jawan: “Many people who write about films… were saying what kind of roles I was doing”

At the event, Shah Rukh Khan talked about his previous two years earlier this year – Pathaan and Jawan. Shah Rukh Khan said, “So when I made Jawan, I thought I made a film for boys and girls but I didn’t make anything for myself, then I made Dunki. So this is my film. This film is very close to my heart. When I was doing Pathaan, many people who write about films, those who apparently know about films more than the filmmakers, were saying what kind of roles I was doing, so I really felt that I should do films that come from my heart and this includes all the films that I did this year. I started the year with Pathaan, which was always ladies first, and I want to end the year with a film for myself. So, please watch Dunki on December 21. Everyone will find something in the film that will touch their heart. The film will make you laugh also.”

Explaining the premise of the film, he added, “Dunki is an illegal trip lot of people take to get out of their country across borders all over the world. It is called the Donkey travels. So, the film is about going out and finding a future for yourself but loving your home the most. So it’s about homecoming. So, you can stay anywhere in the world but you can rest only on the soil of your nation. So, that’s what the film is about.”

Shah Rukh Khan said, “Dunki, is about all those people who have left their home because of work and made a home somewhere else, like you guys have made in Dubai. But there is always a feeling in our heart that our home is a very place to be in and this film celebrates that, that wherever we are, that becomes home.”

Dunki features Boman Irani, Taapsee Pannu, Vicky Kaushal, Vikram Kochhar, and Anil Grover, along with Shah Rukh Khan. A JIO Studios, Red Chillies Entertainment, and Rajkumar Hirani Films presentation, produced by Rajkumar Hirani and Gauri Khan; Written by Abhijat Joshi, Rajkumar Hirani, and Kanika Dhillon, Dunki is slated to release on December 2023.

ALSO READ: Dunki in Dubai: Shah Rukh Khan lauds Vicky Kaushal: “He is one of the finest actors I have worked with”

The post Dunki in Dubai: Shah Rukh Khan made Dunki for himself; recalls reactions to Pathaan and Jawan: “Many people who write about films… were saying what kind of roles I was doing” appeared first on Bollywood Hungama.



from Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/Rb2XkBt

Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)