EXCLUSIVE: Did Deepak Tijori claim that he ‘saved’ Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar after Milind Soman walked out? Actor clarifies he was misquoted: “Who am I to save any film? RIDICULOUS to read something like that”

0

Deepak Tijori has worked in several memorable films and one of them, without a doubt, is Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar (1992). Recently, he spoke about his experience of working on the film and his comments got misinterpreted. It was reported that Aamir Khan asked the veteran actor to ‘save’ Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar after Milind Soman opted out of the film. In an exclusive interview with Bollywood Hungama, Deepak Tijori clarified that he never made any such statement.

EXCLUSIVE: Did Deepak Tijori claim that he ‘saved’ Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar after Milind Soman walked out? Actor clarifies he was misquoted: “Who am I to save any film? RIDICULOUS to read something like that”

Deepak Tijori began by saying, “I had given an audition for Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar, and I was not selected. I had moved in life and was working on films like Aashqui (1990), Sadak (1991), etc. Meanwhile, I learned that Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar’s shoot has commenced in Ooty, and that Milind Soman has come on board.”

He continued, “Mahesh Bhatt saab came down to Mumbai from Ooty for 2 days. As soon as he returned, he called me and said, ‘Tu ghar aa ja’. He used to often call me. Soni Razdan was aware of it too. I assumed it would be one of those chilling-out sessions. I met him and he dropped a bomb that I had to meet Mansoor Khan the following day! He further told me that they wanted me to play a part in Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar. I reminded him that my audition wasn’t approved by them. Bhatt saab replied, ‘Aamir has asked me to tell you to meet Mansoor’. It was that simple. It was Aamir’s idea that I should meet Mansoor.”

He also revealed, “I had no idea that the shoot was stalled. I found out that the shoot had got stalled a few years ago during the reunion event that happened 7 years ago! Aamir and Mansoor told me, ‘Deepak, tujhe malum hai kya? Film almost bandh ho gayi thi’! Aamir and Mansoor never told me about it all these years.”

Coming back to how he bagged Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar, he revealed, “When I met Mansoor, he offered me the same role for which I had auditioned. Mansoor confessed that he didn’t remember (my audition) but said that he was happy that I had shown interest. Moreover, my dream of meeting Nasir Hussain saab was fulfilled! And when he said, ‘Beta, yeh role aapko karna hai’, I agreed. It’s not like picture doob rahi thi aur maine film ko bachayi! Who am I to save any film (laughs)? It was ridiculous (to read something like that).”

During the promotions of his directorial venture Tipppsy (2024), it was stated that Amrita Singh stopped Saif Ali Khan from going to shoot for the premiere scene of Pehla Nasha (1993). Then, he clarified to Bollywood Hungama, “I never said that. Amrita was only amazed to see the bond between Saif and other actors. In her time, they used to not help each other.”

Reminding of this episode, Deepak Tijori stated, “When we clarified it, it was such a relief to me. Otherwise, I had the guilt. Amrita had spoken positively but what came out was the exact opposite. Similarly, I feel guilty (over getting misinterpreted) because when Aamir recommended Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar, it was like a feather in my cap. I am just thankful to them and God that I bagged such a cult movie.”

Also Read: Deepak Tijori won’t ask Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan for help despite being the 90s clan: “It is not like we are meeting each other every day”

The post EXCLUSIVE: Did Deepak Tijori claim that he ‘saved’ Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar after Milind Soman walked out? Actor clarifies he was misquoted: “Who am I to save any film? RIDICULOUS to read something like that” appeared first on Bollywood Hungama.



from Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/92IL0TK

Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)