“When I was working on Saawariya, Sanjay Leela Bhansali told me, ‘You have sad eyes’. Jab main hasta hoon, aisa lagta hai ki ek gadha reverse mein jaa raha hai” – Ranbir Kapoor

0

Ranbir Kapoor and Luv Ranjan were in a fun mood on a Sunday afternoon when they met a select group of journalists to speak about their upcoming film Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar and a lot more.

"When I was working on Saawariya, Sanjay Leela Bhansali told me, 'You have sad eyes'. Jab main hasta hoon, aisa lagta hai ki ek gadha reverse mein jaa raha hai" – Ranbir Kapoor

You emote very well through your eyes. Does it come naturally to you or is there a certain method of acting that you follow?
Ranbir Kapoor: It’s a mix of everything. When I was working on Saawariya (2007), in the first few meetings, Mr Sanjay Leela Bhansali told me, ‘You have sad eyes. If you just sit normally with a dead expression and because of your bone structure and droopy eyes, aisa lagta hai ki tu bahut udaas hai’. But I feel that crying comes easier to me than laughing. Laughing is very hard on screen. Jab main hasta hoon, aisa lagta hai ki ek gadha reverse mein jaa raha hai (laughs)! Meri hasee kuch aisi hai (demonstrates). You can’t laugh with that sound on screen. Hence, I enjoy crying on screen. It’s very easy. And Luv is a director who doesn’t like his actors to blink. You keep your eyes open for 15 seconds and automatically, tears will start flowing!

How difficult or easy was it to for you work with stars this time?
Luv Ranjan: I had a certain misconception about stars and their way of working. This was a very big reason why I was keen to work with newcomers. It was a strategy. I believed that if you are able to make your film with newcomers a hit, toh log aapko izzat denge. When I worked with Ranbir, Shraddha and even Ajay Devgn sir in his productions, I openly told them that I don’t know how to work with stars. Ranbir burst into a laughter when he heard that. He said, ‘Stars ke saath kaam karne ka koi tarika nahin hota hai’. All three of them don’t let you realize that they are stars. Is film mein Ranbir ne jaise mere saath kaam kiya hai, naya insaan nahin kar sakta, thanks to his hard work and patience. He believes that he’ll give the director the best possible environment for him to do his best work. And he will manage in any kind of environment.

How do you decide when to work with stars or with newcomers?
Luv Ranjan: I have never had that approach that I want to work with a particular actor. However, I wanted to work with Ranbir, that too since the time I saw the trailer of Saawariya (2007). Uske stardom ka isse kuch lena dena nahin tha.

The titles of your films have always been quite quirky and interesting…
Luv Ranjan: I am bad with titles. I struggle with naming my films. For example, in the case of Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety (2018), I already had written most of the script and the characters were already named. I couldn’t think of a title. I was toying with the idea of naming it Shaadi Mubarak. Then I thought of some more names, and none of them correctly represented the film. Then, one day, someone asked me what my film is all about. While trying to narrate the plot, I told him that it was about Sonu’s Titu’s Sweety. That’s when it hit me, ‘Itna dimaag kyun lag raha hoonSonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety (rakh deta hoon)’.

And how did you finalize Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar as the title of your upcoming film?
Luv Ranjan: I have registered some 300 titles. Mere dimaag mein jo title aata hai, woh main register karata rehta hoon. You can’t decide to sit for 2 days to think of a title. It doesn’t work that way. It’ll come into your mind someday. One day, I got the idea of the title, Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar. And I decided to go for it.

You didn’t do romcoms for a few years after doing it regularly. Did you take up Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar to fill the void?
Ranbir Kapoor: I was typecast and people had accepted me in that genre. I used to get a lot of offers but it seemed like a dead end. People were writing the same stories of love and conflict and there was nothing new coming out. Meanwhile, I met Luv with whom I was supposed to do a gangster action film with Ajay sir. Due to date issues, it didn’t work out. This is when he narrated the idea of Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar. Instinctively, I knew it was something new. The character of Mickey was someone I had never essayed before. This is the only character I have played on screen where I would like to be with him. There are certain value systems that Mickey stands for where family is concerned and where life is concerned. I felt impressed by him. Moreover, Luv Ranjan understands the genre well. He doesn’t make it too contemporary. I know a lot of people feel that it’s a very urban flick but it’s a very family film.

Luv Ranjan: It’s my Hum Aapke Hain Koun (smiles)!
Ranbir Kapoor: Right now, he has not given out any plot of the film. You are just introduced to the characters of Jhoothi and Makkaar. But it’s a plot-heavy film and interestingly told.

Also Read: Ranbir Kapoor says today Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani character Bunny is considered “toxic”: “When it was released, and people really loved that film”

The post “When I was working on Saawariya, Sanjay Leela Bhansali told me, ‘You have sad eyes’. Jab main hasta hoon, aisa lagta hai ki ek gadha reverse mein jaa raha hai” – Ranbir Kapoor appeared first on Bollywood Hungama.



from Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/EdBQ0pS

Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)